We give back to the communities in which we live and work. Individually, and as a team, we support several causes and contribute to a variety of organizations. The community benefits, and we grow as individuals and a team as a result. Here are a few of the initiatives we are proud to support:
- In 1994, John began as a Volunteer Firefighter for the Collingwood Fire Department and is currently President of the Collingwood Volunteer Fire Brigade.
- John is a Charter member (2001) of the Rotary Club of Collingwood South Georgian Bay and a Logistics and Volunteer Co-ordinator for the annual Taste of the Town event which, in its lifetime, has raised over $600,000 for local and international charities.
- Since walking on with the Canadian Red Cross in High River, AB in 2013, John volunteers with the Disaster Management arm of the Canadian Red Cross. Roles include being a PDA (Personal Disaster Assistance) Responder and being a member of the Dispatch team that manages the intake of calls for service in the Simcoe-Muskoka Region.
- Stransky & Associates Private Wealth Management and IG Wealth Management are proud supporters of the Georgian Triangle Humane Society’s Pet Retention Program.
- Stransky & Associates is pleased to support the IG Wealth Management Walk for Alzheimer’s.
IG Empower Your Tomorrow
As a Canadian company, we believe in giving back in ways that can make real and meaningful differences in communities from coast-to-coast. Our commitment starts with IG Empower Your Tomorrow, a program dedicated to increasing financial confidence of all Canadians.
By using our expertise in financial planning, we deliver foundational financial education and resources to Canadians who need it most. Through this work, we empower Indigenous Peoples, newcomers, seniors and youth to manage their personal finances with confidence. It’s these kinds of positive changes that help create stronger communities and a better future for everyone.